3rd Workshop CrArc
“In rivers confluence”
Life on Slovak-Austrian border
The State Archives in Bratislava and the project CrArc invite you to a historical journey through the Slovak-Austrian border region!
History of Slovakia and Austria is joined by many common roots. The main idea of the conference – held in the fair and beautiful location at the Bratislava castle – is to outline the interaction between Slovakia and Austria in different sphere of life from the oldest time up the end of the 20th century.
Topics of the conference:
- Slovak – Austrian relationships in archival documents;
- Specific aspects of political, economic, military, cultural and social life in the border region
- The geopolitical space of Lower Austria and west part of Slovakia and their interaction;
- The March and the Danube as connecting and separating elements
- Introducing of significant Slovak characters of political, economic and cultural life who operated in Austria (and vice versa);
- Enlightenment (societies, publications, education, etc.).
Interested to become part of it? Register under info[@]crossborderarchives.eu
Participation is free of charge.